Wednesday, November 7, 2012

stepping out ... new friends, new opportunities ...

So the other day I went for coffee with a new friend... and she turns out to be a photographer!!! not just any casual photographer, but a wedding photographer!!! Can you say "God moment"!!!

I've been interested in exploring the world of wedding photography for a while now, but wasn't quite sure how to break into that area. For one thing, I don't have enough high quality equipment yet to take on clients myself, and for another thing, I don't have any experience under my belt. A person's wedding day is a very special event and there's nothing worse than losing the special memories because your photographer sucked! SO, I've been praying for some ideas on how to get into that field and give it a try (who knows, I might not even like it...) AND voila! here come my new special friend with an offer for me to tag along at the next wedding she has planned...AND do some shooting of my own (obviously without getting in the way of what she's doing) AND I can even use her spare camera! Its a perfect, made-in-heaven opportunity for me and I am SO thankful!! Hopefully I can get a few great shots that she can include in the client's package, as well as giving me a few snazzy items to start my portfolio with!!

All in all, I'm very excited :)
oh and did I mention that I she's a really great person that I'm so excited to get to know (aside from the fabulous photography connection)!

(originally posted on August 7, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment